Bungaree, VIC - St Michael's Catholic (20180)
Year Built: 1890
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 06/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The Parish was established in 1890. A few years before in 1878 Dean Moore purchased a block of land for a church and school. This land now holds the Bungaree hall and some adjoining houses.
The first recorded baptism in Bungaree was that of Ellena Rice performed by Fr J Cleary on 31 August 1890.
When Fr Linane retired in 1965 Fr Paddy Culligan became parish priest before being transferred to Gordon. The Fr George Pell became the administrator until Fr Damien Heath was appointed.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1890 - 1894||Fatherf J. Cleary|
|1894 -||Father J. Rogers||1925|
|1916 -||Father M. Barrett||1923|
|1921 -||Father M. Mulcahy||1965|
|1947 -||Father J. Hyland||1956|
|1951 -||Father T. Russell||1985|
|1951 - 1953||Father S. O'Rouke|
|1953 - 1954||Father J. McMullen|
|1954 -||Father T. Linane|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.