Buninyong, VIC Uniting

Denomination: Uniting

Address: 302 Scott Street, Buninyong, Victoria, 3357

Previous Denomination: Presbyterian

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Wathaurrung people

Last Updated: 17/06/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (4 photos)

History and Architecture:

The foundation stone was ceremonially laid on 27 March 1860 by Mrs Celia Scott of Mount Boninyong, the oldest resident in the district. The cost of the building was £900 and when fitted out the cost was £1,265. The first service in the new church was held on 26 August 1860, and a bell founded by Greeves of London in 1849 was hung in the steeple.

The local builder Richard Rennie built the church of brick and slate. In the 1950s the brick was covered with roughcast and plaster.


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1847 - 1888 Rev Thomas Hastie 1898
1915 - Rev R. Gillan


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. Buninyong and District Historical Society via vicnet.