Campbell Town, TAS - St Michael's Catholic
Year Built: 1857
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Architect: Henry Hunter
Last Updated: 09/12/2022
History and Architecture:
Bishop Willson rode on horseback from Hobart to Campbell Town to lay the foundation stone of the church on June 25 1856. He was assisted by six priests, the pastor John Fitzgerald and Fathers Butler, Hogan, Bond, Dunne and Keohan. The land was secured in 1857 by Bishop Willson and was consecrated in September of that year.
The Architect was Henry Hunter.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1855 - 1862||Father John Fitzgerald|
|1862 - 1868||Father Michael O'Callaghan|
|1877 - 1888||Father Thomas Kelsh||1928|
|1894 - 1903||Father Martial Mary||1923|
|1962 -||Father Thomas McDonald||1965|
|-||Father Leo Kirkham||1985|
|- 1995||Father Hugh Shearer||1995|
1. Priceless Heritage W.T. Southerwood