Campbellfield, VIC - Scots Uniting
Year Built: 1855
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Architect: Charles Laing
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung people
Last Updated: 30/01/2023
History and Architecture:
The stone Church was completed in 1855 and erected through the efforts of Reverend Peter Gun. It was modelled on the church at Tacher Scotland, where Peter Gun preached his first sermon. During the construction, Peter Gunn acted as a foreman of works and majority of the labour used was voluntary.
The bluesotnes for the church were quarried from a site near Falkiner Cemetary. The Church bell was a gift from the people of Caithness in Scotland.
For a full history click here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1859 -||Rev Peter Gunn||P|
|2022 -||Rev John Rigby||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.