Canterbury, VIC - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1927
Architect: W.H. Ford
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 11/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone of the new Presbyterian Church, Canterbury was laid on 19 February 1927. The building was designed by architect W.H. Ford.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1894 -||Rev T. A. Darling||Trove record|
|1997 -||Rev Grant Lawry|
|1972 - 1980s||Rev Marvin Hagan||approx dates|
The Organ was built in 1928 by Frederick Taylor. Rebuilt in 1960 by Hill, Norman & Beard (Australia) Pty Ltd. It has 2 manuals, 22 speaking stops, 9 couplers, electro-pneumatic action.
For a complete history click here.
1. Rosie Leslie 2021, Rev Hagan dates.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia