Carnegie, VIC - St Peter's Anglican (21002)
Year Built: 1924
Last Updated: 03/11/2021
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone of the Parish Church of St Peter's built for the worship of God and the teaching of the Catholic faith was laid by Harrington Clare Archbishop of Melbourne on Whitsun Eve A.D. 1924. Pasce Oves Meas. Louis R Williams Architect, R,J, Werner Builder".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1915 - 1917||Rev Arthur Ernest Ingham||1878||1960|
|1930 -||Rev Herbert Davies||Reader||1906||1990|
|1933 -||Rev Arthur Joseph Gray||Reader||1907||1984|
|1935 -||Rev Thomas Russell Hope Clark||Reader||1912||1998|
|1926 - 1927||Rev John Stuart Roach||Curate||1889||1958|
|1927 - 1936||Rev William Charles Meredith||1888||1944|
|1936 - 1942||Rev Harry Robert Potter||1892||1958|
|1957 - 1966||Rev Kenneth Paul Goodisson||1900||1984|
|2020 ? -||Rev Lawrance Anbalagan|
Built around 1900-1910 by Andreas Svensson, Melbourne. In 1970, St Peter's Church acquired a larger organ from Holy Trinity Anglican Cathedral, Wangaratta, which had been displaced by an organ built by Alexander Young & Sons, Manchester that had been obtained from the UK. A full history can be seen here.