Chiltern, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting (20131)
Year Built: 1871
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Yorta Yorta people
Last Updated: 19/06/2022
History and Architecture:
The former Presbyterian church was erected 1871-1875 by Smith and Houston. It replaced a timber and bark structure erected in 1860 some distance west of the site.
The present orange-coloured brick structure comprises a buttressed hall with the west front punctuated by a pinnacled octagonal bell-cote on the gable apex and a small gabled porch. The simple lancet windows and the bell-cote are decorated with cream brick quoinwork.
An example of a small provincial church in the Gothic Revival style.
Erected in 1871-1875 for the Presbyterian Church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2010 -||Rev David Manzoney|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Australian Heritage Database