Clayfield, QLD - St Colomb's Anglican
Year Built: 1899
Address: 23 Victoria Street, Clayfield, Queensland, 4011
Architect: J.H. Buckeridge
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 11/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was designed in 1899 by J.H. Buckeridge, the Brisbane Anglican Diocesan Architect. The church was situated originally in Franz Road, but was moved to its current location in December 1920.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1898 - 1900||Rev Alexander McCully||1848||1921|
|1908 - 1913||Rev Cyril Mayhew||1863||1929|
|1915 - 1931||Rev David Morgan Jones||1863||1937|
|1933 -||Rev Reginald Frank Marchant||Curate||1878||1941|
|1965 - 1975||Rev Albert Edward Loxton||1909||1988|
|. - .||More names to follow|
This organ was originally built by Whitehouse & Co. of Brisbane at a cost of £255.3 It was first used at a service on 7 April 1914, when the choir sang Stainer's Crucifixion, and the organist was Mr E.C. Ranger
A full description can be seen here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.