Clifton Hill, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican (20696)
Last Updated: 10/01/2021
History and Architecture:
St Andrew's Church was constructed in reinforced concrete and bluestone to the designs of North & Williams. The foundation stone was laid on 4 March 19161 and the building dedicated on 30 September of that year.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1818 - 1883||Rev J. H Mullens|
|1883 - 1903||Rev E. A. Thomas|
|1903 - 1909||Rev Augustine Bithray Rowed||1868||1940|
|1906 - 1908||Rev Arthur Montgomery Capper||Curate||1883||1953|
|1907 - 1909||Rev Spencer Edward Maxted||Curate||1882||1916|
|1910 - 1920||Rev William Clarke Hudson||1858||1947|
|1920 - 1924||Rev Sidney Alexander Beveridge||1871||1935|
|1924 - 1938||Rev Thomas Holmes Justice||1878||1956|
|1938 - 1940||Rev William Thomas Prentice||1872||1945|
|1941 - 1943||Rev Eric Deacon Kent||1898||1988|
|1943 - 1945||Rev Selwyn Henry Ide||1903||1958|
|1945 - 1958||Rev Walter Gilbert Backhouse||1890||1975|
|1958 - 1965||Rev Wilfred Stanley Dau||1895||1969|
|1979 - 1983||Rev R J. McInnes|
|1987 -||Rev Roger Thomas Sharr||PiC|
|1990 - 1995||Rev S A.H. Ames||Asst|
The foundation stone was laid on 4 March 1916.
The first organ installed was in 1894 and sold in 1924 to St John's Anglican Church, Sorrento. The second organ was built in 1868 by George Fincham.