Cobram, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Yorta Yorta people
Last Updated: 03/12/2021
History and Architecture:
Cobram and Katamatite were part of Yarrawonga Parish. From 1910 - 1922 Cobram was part of Numurkah Parish, the first Church being built in 1911. Ten years later, in 1921, the convent and school were built and in 1922 the Sisters of Mercy arrived from Bendigo to open the school.
A Foundation stone on the old church reads, " St Josephs Church Cobram This stone was laid by The Right Rev S Reville O.S.A. 19th March 1911 Jas P.M. McCarthy V.F. Pastor. T Kelly C.E. Architect J Brodrick Contractor".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1913 -||Father McCarthy|
|1923 -||Father P. Ellis||1954|
|2020 -||Father John Corcoran|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.