Cohuna, VIC - St Mary's Catholic
Year Built: 1953
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: Mead Street, Cohuna, Victoria, 3568
Architect: T.A. Power
Traditional Owners: Barapa people
Last Updated: 25/02/2023
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone reads, " This Foundation stone was laid and blessed by Most Rev B.D. Stewart DD BA LLD Bishop of Sandhurst on 29th November 1953 Rev J.F. Egan Pastor T.A. Power Architect W.A. O'Donnell Builder".
A plaque reads, " The Church of Immaculate Conception was erected in 1904. Architect was Mr A. Bode and contractor was Mr E.F. Jorgenson both of Kerang. Bricks were made by Mr F.C. Gray of Cohuna. Fifty years later part of the original structure was incorporated into the present Church consequently it is Cohuna's oldest public building. In 1953 £6,000 was subscribed in 20 minutes to finance the project".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2022 -||Father Dean Bongat|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.