Colonel Light Gardens, SA - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1964

Denomination: Church of Christ

Address: 539 Goodwood Road, Colonel Light Gardens, South Australia, 5041

Architect: W. Lance Brune

Traditional Owners: Kaurna people

Last Updated: 17/07/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The Church of Christ was built in 1965-1966 on the site of an earlier 1920s Colonel Light Gardens Church of Christ chapel. A galvanised iron
Independent Order of Rechabites Hall (c.1925) and tennis courts also previously stood on the site.

The Church features Brownbuilt steel decking to flat roofs, red face-brick walls with square raked pointing, red brick base courses, symmetrical feature wall under northern gable comprising a vertical band of random Carey Gully stone, flanked either side in red face bricks, with projecting header bricks in a grid pattern and a large welded-steel cross mounted on feature wall.

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 November 1964.


There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. Heritage Assessment Report