Coogee, NSW - St Brigid's Catholic
Year Built: 1922
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Gadigal people
Last Updated: 15/07/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was opened in 1922 and consecrated by the then Archbishop of Sydney, the Rev. J. Kelly. With the Church being completed Fr. Gilbert commenced on the school project, the main portion being completed in 1923, followed by the new presbytery in 1924. During this period the statue of St. Brigid on the north-west exterior corner of the Church was added.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1910 - 1914||Father Edward McGrath|
|1914 - 1915||Father James Gilbert|
|1915 - 1919||Father Arthur Perkins|
|1939 -||Father Arthur Perkins|
The Organ was built in 1929 by J.E. Dodd of Adelaide. It was removed by John Larner, in the mid 1990's and is in storage in Yarloop WAIt has 2m., 12 sp. st., 7c., tub. pn. Gt: 220.127.116.11.4. Sw: 18.104.22.168.8. Ped: 16.8.
For a complete history and photos click here.
1. Organ Music Society of Sydney with permission.
2. Church website.