Cooma, VIC - Evangelical Memorial Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1926
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Traditional Owners: Ngarigo people
Last Updated: 21/09/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was originally the Methodist Memorial Church and was built as a soldiers memorial, at a cost of £1700, to commemorates those who served in World War One. The church is now known as the Evangelical Memorial Uniting Church. Services started in a neighbour’s kitchen in 1874 before a log and mud building was constructed. After, a weatherboard church was built on the present site and used until the brick church was built in 1926. A Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Mrs C. J. Poole March 24th 1926".
In 2023 it was put up for sale.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2022 -||Rev Iain Nixon|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.