Copmanhurst, NSW - Church of the Holy Apostles Anglican
Year Built: 1915
Traditional Owners: Baryulgil people
Last Updated: 15/10/2022
History and Architecture:
The first Anglican church was built in Copmanhurst in 1871, and like the first school, it was situated to the west of the village reserve at what is now known as Upper Copmanhurst. In 1915 it was replaced by the present Church of the Holy Apostles in Copmanhurst village.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1903 - 1904||Rev William John Gerrard||1856`||1939|
|1904 -||Rev William George Froomes||1876||1904|
|1905 -||Rev Frederick Robert Newton||Locum||1841||1926|
|1905 - 1907||Rev George Henry Davies||Locum||1867||1922|
|1907 -||Rev Felix Lloyd Hackett||Curate||1862||1939|
|1908 - 1909||Rev James Coldham Fussell||1874||1945|
|1911 - 1914||Rev William James Owens||1877||1967|
|1914 - 1918||Rev Leonard Edward Joseph Gray||1881||1941|
|1918 - 1920||Rev Russell Frederick Tacon||1879||1950|
|1920 - 1924||Rev David Jonathan Collins||1890||1949|
|1924 - 1926||Rev Robert Bartlett Bates||1887||1955|
|1925 - 1926||Rev William Gordon Acheson||Bush Brotherhood||1890||1966|
|1927 -||Rev Henry Pearson Woodburn||Curate||1899||1987|
|1927 - 1928||Rev Charles Dunn||1889||1957|
|1928 - 1929||Rev Thomas Ernest Thear||1894||1955|
|1929 - 1932||Rev Frank Alfred Godwin Woodger||1880||1967|
|1933 - 1938||Rev Edward Williams||Curate||1896||1970|
|1937 - 1940||Rev Cyril Stephen Miller||1896||1989|
|1940 - 1944||Rev Maurice Atterbury Thomas||1908||1979|
|1944 - 1945||Rev Thomas Ian Lawrence||1915||1981|
|1945 - 1946||Rev Francis William Bruce Naughton||1894||1948|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Thermatic History Copmanhurst
2. Cable Clerical Index.