Corowa, NSW - St John's Anglican (10321)
Year Built: 1883
Last Updated: 29/11/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was built at Corowa on land donated by John Foord. The Church was opened in November 1883. The architects were Gordon and Gordon, of Albury and Corowa. Constructed in red brick, the building is designed in a Gothic style.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1863 - 1869||Rev John Maitland Ware||1830||1885|
|1869 - 1871||Rev Charles James Byng||1833||1904|
|1871 - 1872||Rev William Locke||Locum||1842||1908|
|1871 - 1879||Rev John Coulthard Sabine||1837||1877|
|1877 - 1884||Rev Herbert Edward Thomson||1839||1902|
|1884 - 1886||Rev Frederick Davis||1827 /28||1894|
|1886 - 1906||Rev William Clarke Hose||1834||1910|
|1886 -||Rev Issac John Sparling||Curate|
|1887 - 1889||Rev Henry Bradshaw||Catechist||1857||1908|
|1907 - 1920||Rev Edgar Ward Thomas||1866||1939|
|1926 -||Rev Henry Holbrook Perrottet||Asst||1897||1984|
|1920 - 1952||Rev Rupert Ross Edwards||1885||1961|
|1952 - 1968||Rev David Henry Wicking||1902||1982|
|1968 -||Rev Leonard Campbell Bailey||1910||1978|
|1979 -||Rev Albert Frederick Dryden||1910|
|2020 ? -||Rev Rex Everett|
|2020 ? -||Rev Mary Clarke||Asst|
|2021 -||Rev Peter Richards|
The organ was built by the important German firm E.F. Walcker & Cie, of Ludwigsburg-Würtemberg, Germany in 1887. A full history can be viewed here.
1. Cable Clergy Index.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia.