Crows Nest, QLD - St Matthew's Catholic (50132)
Year Built: 1900
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 09/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The church was built, and opened in 1900, and named St Matthew's in honour of the donor of the land. The Sisters of St. Joseph to the Parish, and the building of the Convent school was opened on 15 July, 1917.
As of 2007 the church did not have a resident Priest.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1916 - 1920||Fr James Hegarty|
|1921 - 1923||Fr Kevin Murphy|
|1923 - 1929||Fr Charles Casey|
|1929 - 1930||Fr Michael Hayes|
|1930 - 1951||Fr Leo Hayes|
|1951 - 1968||Fr Bryan Nolan|
|1968 - 1974||Fr James Wiemers|
|1974 - 1982||Fr Raymond White|
|1982 - 1997||Fr Stephen Patrick Campbell|
|1998 - 2007||Fr Terry Hicking|
|1916 - 1920||Fr Ahern|
|1916 - 1920||Fr Francis Burton|
|1916 - 1920||Fr Francis O'Connell|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Photos and list of clegy donated by John Huth
The Church website