Crystal Brook, SA - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1963

Denomination: Lutheran

Saint: John

Address: Stanley Street, Crystal Brook, South Australia, 5523

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Narungga people

Last Updated: 26/04/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The first know existence of Lutheran's in this area forming a church was recorded in February 1881 when several families met for a service in the home of A.F. Noll. For the next 17 years all services were held there. By 1897 the room in the Noll home could not hold all the congregation so it was decided a church was needed. The foundation stone was laid on early 1897 and the church was opened on 11 April of the same year.

In January 1924 this parish joined with Port Pirie to form a self supporting parish.

The foundation stone of the extended church was laid on 30 March 1963 by Reverend M.A. Beck.


These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1961 - 1963 Pastor Maurice Alwin Beck ELSA 1913 2001
1964 - 1991 Pastor Ernst Bernhard Heyne ELSA & LCA 1926 2015
1992 - 1995 Pastor Kym Raymond Mills LCA
1996 - 1999 Pastor Ian Elmore Zweck LCA 1934 2017
2000 - 2005 Pastor P. W. Trager LCA
2006 - 2011 Pastor Stephen John Schumacher LCA


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. Lutheran Archives with permission.