Cygnet, TAS - St Mark's Anglican (7059)
Year Built: 1875
Traditional Owners: Melukerdee people
Last Updated: 22/07/2022
History and Architecture:
The church building was begun in 1874, opened in 1875 and dedicatcd in 1876 at a cost of 1,208, Additions were made in October 1894 and the church consecrated. Further additions were made in 1913, and in April 1918 a new vestry was dedicated as a memorial to the Lymington church which had been destroyed by fire.
A Foundation stone was laid on 17 March 1923 by the Right Reverend Robert Snowden Hay Bishop of Tasmania in memory of Kate Elizabeth Atkins.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1905 - 1906||Rev John Joseph Gailey||1864||1932|
|1905 - 1911||Rev Charles Vaughan||1847||1918|
|1910 - 1911||Rev Joseph May||Locum||1852||1918|
|1911 - 1912||Rev George William Ratten||1857||1929|
|1913 - 1916||Rev Walter Hooker||1870||1936|
|1916 - 1921||Rev Charles Lewis Hamilton Cox||1860||1945|
|1921 - 1922||Rev Clement Allen||1871||1945|
|1922 - 1924||Rev James Alfred Cloudsdale||1885||1962|
|1923 -||Rev Frederick Ambrose Carr||Curate||1890||1953|
|1925 - 1926||Rev William Evans Middleton||Curate||1879||1953|
|1927 - 1929||Rev John William Davison||Curate||1861||1934|
|1929 - 1931||Rev Vivian Herbert C Gill||Curate||1900||1965|
|1931 - 1934||Rev Colin Campbell Robertson||1888||1956|
|1935 - 1937||Rev Sidney Charles Brammell||1905||1977|
|1937 - 1939||Rev Morgan Owen Davies||1886||1940|
|1940 - 1941||Rev Noel Morris Clout||1901||1973|
|1943 - 1947||Rev Clifford Robinson||1907||1982|
|1949 - 1951||Rev Laurence Edward Dando||1901||1970|
|1951 - 1954||Rev John Allun Davies||1902||1976|
|1954 - 1957||Rev Gilbert Charles Latta||1907||1976|
|1961 - 1964||Rev Eric Lionel Phillips||1910||1981|
|1966 - 1969||Rev Eric Lionel Phillips||1910||1981|
|2019 -||Rev Lesley Borowitzka|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.