Dandenong, VIC - Uniting

Denomination: Uniting

Address: 32 Scott Street, Dandenong, Victoria, 3175

Previous Denomination: Methodist

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Bunurong people

Last Updated: 04/09/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)

History and Architecture:

The earliest regular services in Dandenong were held in 1854 when the Reverend Alexander Duff arrived in Victoria from the Presbytery of Belfast, Northern Ireland. The opening service in the brick church was 6 March 1887.  The preacher for this service was Reverend W. Lockhart Morton.

As well local preachers, J. Reynolds from Oakleigh and W. Sykes led worship for their pioneer congregation.

A plaque reads, "Dedicated to the Glory of God and with thankfulness for the faithful service of pioneers of Dandenong who were the foundation of the Scots Presbyterian and the Methodist Churches in the district from 1850's onwards. Appreciation is expressed to all the dedicated people who have witnessed to the spread of God's message of love and forgiveness throughout the district in word and action for over 150 years. Trinity Uniting Church Council 19th March 2006".


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1887 - Rev W. Lockhart Morton
1887 - 1888 Rev John Nall M
1890 - 1892 Rev Thomas Angwin M
1895 - 1896 Rev George S. Lloyd M
2023 - Rev Berlin Guerrero U


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.