Daylesford, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1865

Denomination: Uniting

Address: 17 Duke Street, Daylesford, Victoria, 3460

Previous Denomination: Wesleyan Methodist

Architect: Crouch & Wilson

Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri, Taungurung & Dja Dja Wurrung people

Last Updated: 11/03/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)

History and Architecture:

A brick Gothic style building, with a tower and accommodation for 600 people including a sandstone chapel of 1861 and substantial brick church of 1865.

A wall plaque reads, "This plaque commemorates the 125th anniversary of  the Daylesford Uniting Church formerly Wesley/Methodist Church 1865 1990 unveiled by Rev G Kerry Graham Moderator Uniting Church of Australia Synod of Victoria on 9 12 1990. Rev Paul Blacker Minister".


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1932 - 1936 Rev Walter T. Lapthorne M 1979
1936 - 1939 Rev John J. Benjamin M 1984
1942 - 1946 Rev Roy C. Addinsall M 2000
1947 - 1950 Rev Angus C. Allison M
1950 - 1957 Rev Frederick A. Plumb M
1957 - 1962 Rev Cyril J. Dodd M
1962 - Rev Ronald J. Yeats M
1990 - Rev Paul Blacker U


The first pipe organ (possibly by Francis Nicholson, Newcastle, UK) was installed in 1871 from the Mt Erica Methodist Church, Prahran. Second organ, see: Clunes. St Paul's Anglican Church. Present organ, B 1888 William Anderson; ren 1979-80 Leighton Turner. 2 manuals, 14 speaking stops, 3 couplers, tracker action Gt: 8.8 divided. Sw: Ped: 16. A full description can be seen here.



1. Methodist Church of Australasia Ministerial Index
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.