Devonport, TAS - Baptist (Former)
Year Built: 1904
Address: 44 Stewart Street, Devonport, Tasmania, 7310
Traditional Owners: Palawa people
Last Updated: 16/03/2023
History and Architecture:
A brick Tabernacle opened in 1904. It cost £1,400. The Church was closed in the late 1960’s and was used as the premises for the Devonport Library between 1969-1983. The builder and designer were Stephen Priest Senior and Stephen Priest Junior. In 1983 the church was converted into the Devonport Gallery and Arts Centre.
For a full history visit Churches of Tasmania. Click here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1889 -||Pastor H Hyde|
|1905 -||Rev A Metters|
|1917 -||Rev F. A. Leeder|
|1928 -||Rev John Complin||Locum|
|1929 -||Rev Hugh McDonald|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.