Devonport, TAS - Church of Christ (7079)
Year Built: 1952
Denomination: Church of Christ
Last Updated: 27/01/2021
History and Architecture:
In 1872 the church moved from Northdown to Latrobe a town of some importance during this era. Early in 1879 W. Moffit visited New Ground near Moriarty a populous agricultural district. He shared the gospel message and in a short time a gathering of people became Christians and were baptized. A Church of Christ was established in 1880 and it continued to prosper.
By 1893 the population of Latrobe had declined and Devonport was becoming a more central location. In July 1952 the present church building was opened with approximately 40 to 50 people attending at this time.
For a full history visit the church website here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2014 -||Rev Blake Moore|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.