Devonport, TAS - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic (7081)
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Palawa people
Last Updated: 22/07/2022
History and Architecture:
The first Catholic church at Devonport was established at Torquay in 1870 on the east side of the Mersey River.
One foundation reads, "A.M.D.C. To Commemorate the Golden Jubiin the Priesthood of the Ven Archdeacon Michael J Beechenor P.P. This Foundation stone was laid by the Most Rev Patrick Delany D.D. Archbishop of Hobart June 14 1913".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1932 - 1956||Father Don Shaw||1896||1958|
|- 1989||Father Tom Bresnehan|
|1989 - 1991||Father Terry Yard|
|1991 -||Father Peter Nicholls||1937||1963|
|- 2001||Father Richard Ross|
|2002 - 2012||Father Mark Freeman|
|2019 ? -||Father Mike Delaney PP|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Priceless Heritage W.T. Southerwood