Doncaster, VIC - Chinese Lutheran

Year Built: 1892

Denomination: Lutheran

Address: 51 Victoria Street, Doncaster, Victoria, 3108

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people

Last Updated: 26/04/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger


History and Architecture:

The first church was built in 1858.

The new church was built in 1892. The Architect was J.A. Koch. Built of red brick the building has rendered dressings and mouldings with a slate roof. The church has belfry made of timber with scale slates on the lower section and a cast iron wall vents at mid-wall.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1858 - 1867 Pastor M. Goethe VS
1868 - 1876 Pastor H. Herlitz VS
1876 - 1908 Pastor M. Von Schramm VS
1908 - 1912 Pastor J. A.R. Held VS
1912 - 1915 Pastor G. Hegelau VS
1915 - 1920 Pastor A. F.R. Fehlberg VS
1920 - 1947 Pastor J. Simpfendoerfer UELCA
1948 - 1954 Pastor P. Scherer UELCA
1955 - 1965 Pastor H. Pech UELCA
1965 - 1969 Pastor M. E. Schild UELCA & LCA
1970 - 1975 Pastor P. A. Zweck LCA
1975 - 1982 Pastor E. W. Koch LCA
1981 - 1982 Pastor H. Pech LCA
1983 - 1986 Pastor N. J. Uebergang LCA
1986 - 1987 Pastor H. Pech LCA
1987 - 1992 Pastor J. Juers LCA
1993 - 1999 Pastor L. O. Boughen LCA
2000 - 2001 Pastor P. D. Holmes LCA
2002 - 2007 Pastor D. M. Kleidon LCA
2007 - 2015 Pastor P. A. Haar LCA
2017 - 2018 Pastor G. P. Pietsch LCA

Organ:

In 1917 the old organ was replaced by a Spencer University type three manual and pedal type.

Source:

1. Centenary Trinity Lutheran Congregation Doncaster 1858 - 1958. LTP 284.19451 C33D
2. Lutheran Archives with permission.