Donvale, VIC - St John's Anglican (Former)
Year Built: 1907
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 17/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The land at 283 Springvale Rd on which the 110 year old church and hall sits was sold to Manningham Council in the 1970’s for the use of and care by the Council. It reflects poorly on councils past that in 2006, a property heritage report was ignored and the property was sold in 2008.
The Church was built by volunteer labour. At 3 o'clock on Sunday 27th October 1907, Archdeacon Hindley opened St. John's.
The site had a for sale sign in 2021.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.