Dookie, VIC - St Luke's Anglican
Year Built: 1892
Address: 26 - 36 Baldock Street, Dookie, Victoria, 3646
Traditional Owners: Yorta Yorta people
Last Updated: 26/02/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was constructed in c.1892 by local builders Alexander and Torgrimson, who also provided the furniture. Dedication of the new church was performed by the Bishop of Wangaratta on Friday 31 July 1903. A rectory was built to the east of the church in 1895. This was sold in 1976 and relocated to Tocumwal Road, near Devenish for use as a private residence. In 1928 the St Luke's Anglican Church Hall was erected for use as a Sunday school.
A wall plaque reads, " To the Glory of God to Commemorate the 75th anniversay of St Luke's Dookie 15-10-78.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1894 - 1896||Rev Frederick William Wray||1864||1943|
|1897 - 1898||Rev Charles Henry Zercho||1866||1962|
|1898 - 1899||Rev George Alfred Munt||1864||1904|
|1900 -||Rev Alexander Hubert Freeman||Reader||1876||1960|
|1900 - 1905||Rev Rawdon Atkinson Blackham||1868||1926|
|1905 -||Rev Stanleigh Owen Seward||Lay Reader||1873||1956|
|1910 - 1911||Rev Frederick Henry Peake||Deacon||1876||1959|
|1911 - 1914||Rev Russell Frederick Tacon||Deacon||1879||1950|
|1914 - 1920||Rev John Kessel Taylor||1872||1951|
|1920 - 1922||Rev Alexander Frederick Falconer||1886||1968|
|1922 - 1924||Rev Harold Robert Nixon||1861||1933|
|1924 -||Rev Philip Barclay Hayman||1892||1949|
|1924 - 1927||Rev Edward Henry Pickford||1888||1975|
|1927 - 1929||Rev William Robert Tyler||1899||1969|
|1929 - 1931||Rev Robert Bruce Ball||1897||1962|
|1946 -||Rev Rowland Borrowman Davison||1884||1960|
|1949 - 1954||Rev Godfrey Gilbert||1906||1990|
|1962 - 1965||Rev Leonard Herbert Jeffery||1911||1987|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clergy Index
2. Greater Shepparton Heritage study.