Dubbo, NSW - St Brigid's Catholic (10537)
Year Built: 1990
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri people
Last Updated: 05/06/2022
History and Architecture:
The parish of St Brigid's was officially established in 1865 with Father McAuliffe as priest. The original Macquarie Street church was in use until it collapsed during a storm on August 22, 1869.
The original St. Brigid’s sandstone church was designed by Mr Edward Gell, a leading architect in the colony, who had been a pupil to the famous Pugin in Europe. The sandstone walls, locally quarried on the west bank of the Macquarie River, were 12 feet above ground level in May 1870.
A Foundation stone reads, " Dedicated by Most Rev Patrick Dougherty Bishop of Bathurst 1 - 7 - 1990".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1865 -||Father McAuliffe|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Church website.