Dubbo, NSW - St Mark's Lutheran

Year Built: 1978

Denomination: Lutheran

Saint: Mark

Address: 80 MacLeay Street, Dubbo, New South Wales, 2830

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri people

Last Updated: 30/04/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger


History and Architecture:

Services were held variously in the Methodist Church Hall, Church Street, Dubbo; the Methodist church in South Dubbo; St Michael's Anglican Church, South Dubbo; and St Luke's Anglican Church, North Dubbo; before building the present church in 1978.

The laying of the Foundation Stone was on 17th September 1978 by Pastor Peter Hartwich, and the dedication was held on 17th December 1978 by the District President, Pastor Keith Nagle.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1936 - 1936 Pastor W. P. Lehmann ELSA
1937 - 1942 Pastor T. W. Koch ELSA
1942 - 1946 Pastor A. T. Miller ELSA
1946 - 1954 Pastor C. W. Appelt ELSA
1956 - 1959 Pastor J. W. Uebergang ELSA
1959 - 1963 Pastor N. C. Schultz ELSA
1964 - 1969 Pastor H. F. Quast ELSA & LCA
1970 - 1975 Pastor J. E. Prenzler LCA
1977 - 1984 Pastor Peter Hartwich LCA
1986 - 1991 Pastor Lester Priebennow LCA
1992 - 1997 Pastor Rodney Witmitz LCA
1999 - 2005 Pastor Tim Zanker LCA
2006 - 2010 Pastor Brenton Fiedler LCA
2018 - 2022 Pastor Joseph Graham LCA

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Source:

1. Church website.
2. Lutheran Archives with permission.