Dunkeld, VIC - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1913
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Architect: Clegg, Miller & Cain
Last Updated: 19/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone of the Methodist Church, Dunkeld was laid on 16 August 1913 by Mrs G. Taylor. The architects were Clegg, Miller & Cain, of Hamilton, and the builder E.B. Patterson. The building was opened on 17 January 1914 however it is now closed and in privae hands.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1928 - 1929||Rev Lewis E. Barnard||M|
|1934 - 1937||Rev Horace W. Laity||M|
|1937 - 1940||Rev George C. Harris||M|
|1940 - 1943||Rev Charles H. Plummer||M|
|1946 - 1947||Rev Robert J. Chadwick||M|
|1950 - 1955||Rev Keith C. Shuey||M|
|1955 - 1958||Rev Robert J. Anderson||M|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Graham A. Silverwood||M|
|1962 -||Rev Bruce E. Wright|
The Organ was built c.1873 by George Fincham & Sons for unknown private client. Installed in 1875 in Wesleyan Church, Coburg. Installed in 1925 J.E. Dodd at St Joseph's Catholic Church, Port Melbourne. Restored and installed in 2017 in present location by Australian Pipe Organs Pty Ltd. It had 1 manual, 8 speaking stops, 1 coupler, mechanical and tubular-pneumatic action.
A full description and photos can be seen here.
1. 2023 Rosie Leslie photo
1. Methodist Church of Australasia Ministerial Index
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.