East Melbourne, Protestant
Year Built: 1872
Architect: Lloyd Tayler
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung & Bunurong Boon Wurrung people
Last Updated: 15/07/2022
History and Architecture:
A Church built for the Trustees of the Swedenborgian Church. Built in 1872, to the design of Lloyd Tayler the gothic-style bluestone residence was once home to the New Temple Church. The main facade embraces a Decorated Gothic window of three lights flanked by buttresses, with a projecting porch. Was a store room for the Eye and Ear Hospital then purchased about 1998 by Frank Costa President of the Geelong Football club. Was sold again in 2021 as a private dwelling.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1878 -||Rev Joseph J. Thornton|
1. Victorian Heritage Database.