Elsternwick, VIC - St Clement's Anglican
Year Built: 1915
Address: Corner Glen Huntley & Brighton Roads, Elsternwick, Victoria, 3185
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 09/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The first church was a wooden church and was erected in 1886 at the corner of McCombie Street. It was opened by the Very Reverend H.B. McCartney. It was later relocated to the current church site.*
The Foundation stone of the present church was laid on 21 August 1915 by the Archbishop of Melbourne James Moorehouse.*
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1886 - 1887||Mr J. E. Davies|
|1889 - 1890||Rev H. W.D. Adeney|
|1890 - 1910||Rev G. Sproule|
|1910 - 1919||Rev H. H. Gardner|
|1928 - 1943||Rev J. Henry|
|1943 - 1953||Rev Karl Egbert Hamilton||1883||1958|
|1953 - 1965||Rev J. Cohn|
|1965 - 1978||Rev G. Tooth|
|1978 - 1982||Rev J. Rowse|
|1982 -||Rev J. Hislop|
|2011 -||Rev Raymond Moore|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Our First 100 Years. SLTF 283.099451OU7C