Enmore, NSW - St Luke's Anglican
Year Built: 1882
Address: 11 Stanmore Road, Enmore, New South Wales, 2042
Last Updated: 26/04/2021
History and Architecture:
In 1882 the land for the present site on Enmore Road was purchased. The Foundation Stone was laid on 4 March 1882. It took less than three months to complete the church building which was opened in 18 June 1882. The total cost was over £3,200.
As with most churched, renovations were carried out over the years however exact dates are not available.
A new stimulus to the life of the Church occurred in 1964, when the ABM Training College, which began in the 1930's decided to make St. Luke's its Parish Church. The College was originally situated in Cambridge Street, Stanmore.
The Church of England Parish of Enmore was first dedicated as Christ Church, with the current dedication to St Luke not until eighty years later in 1963.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1879 - 1882||Rev William Henry Ullmann|
|1883 - 1885||Rev J. W. Johnstone|
|1885 - 1895||Rev Joseph Lintott Taylor|
|1895 - 1908||Rev Charles Chester Dunstan|
|1908 - 1918||Rev Reginald Noake BA|
|1918 - 1922||Rev Harold Weymouth Mullens|
|1922 - 1925||Rev Alfred Ernest Jones Ross|
|1925 - 1927||Rev John Henry Willcoxson|
|1927 - 1933||Rev Percy John Evans|
|1933 - 1937||Rev Alfred James Gardner||1871||1955|
|1937 - 1951||Rev Herbert John Henry Lofts|
|1952 - 1957||Rev Philip Risby Westley|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Lloyd Frank Newton|
|1963 - 1967||Rev John Baines Green|
|1968 -||Rev Anthony John Humphries|
|1972 - 1976||Rev Kenneth Barry Munns|
|1976 - 1983||Rev Donald Keith Moffatt||1932|
|1983 - 1985||Rev Robert Alexander|
|1986 - 1990||Rev Stephen Reginald Williams|
|1991 - 2003||Rev Michael Willoughby Nixon|
|2004 -||Rev Gwilym John Henry-Edwards|
Built in 1883 by Wordsworth & Maskell, Leeds. Restored in 1975 by A. Welby.
1. Cable Clerical Index