Exeter, NSW - St Aidan's Anglican

Year Built: 1895

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: Aidan

Address: 3 Exeter Road, Exeter, New South Wales, 2577

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Gundungurra and Tharawal people

Last Updated: 10/03/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)

History and Architecture:

In 1893 Anglican services in Exeter were held in the Badgerys home, 'Vine Lodge'. With the support of the early pioneering families including the Badgerys, the Yarwoods and the Yates, St Aidans was soon built and opened for worship in July 1895, being dedicated on 11th January, 1896.

The walls are built chiefly of rough trimmed local basalt, mainly from Indigo Creek at the bottom of School Lane. The arches, door and window surrounds are of sandstone from Bundanoon.


These names are now in the database and can be searched individually

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1958 - 1971 Rev Robin Brooke Blower Gibbes With Bundanoon 1908 1987


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. Visit Southern Highlands website.