Fingal, TAS - St Joseph's Catholic
Year Built: 1880
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 03/03/2021
History and Architecture:
Sighted on the highest vantage point of the township, the church stands out as a prominent feature and reminder of the wealth of our local history. Taking three years to complete the building was constructed by local Michael Lattin following the design of Henry Hunter. During this time the Catholic Church used the Commandant's cottage as a place of worship.
The foundation stone was laid in 1877 by the Bishop of Hobart town assisted by the Bishop of Maitland and in 1880 Bishop Murphy performed the Official opening.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|Father Norberto Ochoa
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Church plaque