Forest Hill, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1916
Previous Denomination: Wesleyan Methodist
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 05/12/2020
History and Architecture:
In August 1864 a public meeting was held at the cottage of Francis Rooks in the forests of Nunawading "for the purpose of taking into consideration the desirability of raising a chapel in connection with the Wesleyan Body". In the chair was Joseph Aspinall.
The site first held services in 1870. A Foundation stone reads, "This stone was laid to the glory of God on January 29th 1916 by Mrs J.T. Tweddle".
The current Church was established through an amalgamation of congregations from the former Uniting Churches of Mount Pleasant (Forest Hill) and St. Ninian‘s (Blackburn South). The new congregation thus formed has adopted the Mount Pleasant property as its home where its inaugural worship service was held on 5 April 2009.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2020 -||Rev David Smith|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Church website.
2. A Centenary History of the Mount Pleasant Methodist Church Forest Hill 1865 - 1965. G.C. Fendley LTP 287.69451 F35C