Forth, TAS - All Saints Anglican (Former)

Year Built: 1868

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: All Saints

Address: Leith Road, Forth, Tasmania, 7310

Architect: Unknown

Last Updated: 26/02/2024

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

All Saints' Church was erected, and was probably opened and dedicated on or near to the Festival of All Saints, November 1st, 1868. The Church was originally erected amidst beautiful surroundings, a mile or so from Forth, on the Leith Road, and here, in this secluded spot, lie the remains of many pioneers of the district.

All Saints' Church was removed to the site where it now stands at Forth in the year 1893. About this time a change was made, when it was decided that the Incumbents should reside at Ulverstone, but in spite of the change, there remained a devoted body of members at Forth.


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1867 - 1877 Rev C. B. Broome
1877 - 1878 Rev R. Haywood
1879 - 1882 Rev J. H. Wills
1882 - 1887 Rev E. Champion
1887 - 1892 Rev Humphery Davis
1892 - 1897 Rev Canon Beresford
1897 - 1901 Rev Canon De Coetlogan
1901 - 1903 Rev F. G. Copland
1903 - 1910 Rev C. H. Shedden
1910 - 1911 Rev H. B. Atkinson
1911 - 1916 Rev S. P. Martin
1916 - 1918 Rev A. E. Salisbury
1918 - 1924 Rev L. U. Alley
1924 - Rev A. H. Roake


1. Sixty Years of Progress Parish of Forth and Leven Tasmania Souvenir Booklet LSCP PAM 283.94634 ROA