Frankston, VIC - Saint Francis Xavier Catholic (20492)
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 15/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The first Catholic church to open in Frankston on 15 December 1889 after land was purchased for 60.00 the year before. The opening Ceremony was conducted by his Grace Archbishop Carr.*
The church was of brick construction with freestone dressings and measured 45 feet x 25 feet. The architects were Tappin, Gilbert and Denchy.*
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1891 - 1894||Father P. Boyle|
|1894 - 1927||Father O'Hagan|
|1927 - 1935||Father Toomey||1949|
|1936 - 1951||Father G Fitzpatrick||1952|
|1951 - 1981||Father J Kealy|
|2020 ? -||Father Chinua Cavarra|
The organ was built by Fincham and Sons and was installed in 1927. It was refurbished in 1977.
Parish of St Francis Xavier Frankston 1889 - 1989 Centenary Commemorative