Freestone, QLD - St Luke's Anglican (50076)
Year Built: 1883
Last Updated: 02/01/2021
History and Architecture:
On June 5th 1883, the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge based in London, made a grant of £20 towards the cost of constructing a wooden Church at Freestone Creek, the total cost of this Church was £175. The land was donated by the Palmer family. Services prior to the building of St Lukes were held at the home of Mr Shelley.
The earliest "Record of Services" book compiled for St Lukes Church begins on the 10th November 1901, when fortnightly services of Mattins or Evensong were held, Holy Communion being celebrated once a quarter. Regular fortnightly services are still held at Freestone.**
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.