Glebe, NSW - St Jame's Catholic (10029)
Year Built: 1878
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 04/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone was laid on 7 July 1877 by Archbishop Roger Bede Vaughan. By 1 September 1878, the church of St James, built in the Venetian Gothic style of Pyrmont stone and New Zealand kauri pine and glowing with stained glass, marble, majolica painted tiles, was ready and formally opened.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1844 - 1883||Father Pollard|
|1891 - 1935||Father Patrick Louis Coonan||1925|
|1935 - 1946||Father Patrick Alphonsus Doherty||1946|
|2010 -||Father Dr Colin Fowler OP|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.