Glenelg, SA - St Andrews Uniting (30409)
Year Built: 1879
Previous Denomination: Congregational
Last Updated: 17/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The first church was built in Gordon Street and the builder was Mr J.J. Moseley. The second church was built in Jetty Road and the foundation stone was laid on 18 April 1859. The Architect was Mr James MacGeorge and built by Messrs Lines and Cook. The third and current church was built and the foundation stone for this building was laid 27 October 1879 by Mr James Counsell.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1849 - 1850||Rev Charles Hall||C|
|1853 - 1856||Rev W Nicholls||C|
|1858 - 1861||Rev Charles E Palmer||C|
|1862 - 1893||Rev Charles Mannhorpe||C|
|1894 - 1921||Rev George Rayner||C|
|1921 - 1933||Rev A. C Stevens||C|
|1933 - 1943||Rev William Hawker||C|
|1945 - 1950||Rev Donald Campbell||C|
|1950 - 1955||Rev Charles Watts||C|
|1956 - 1960||Rev John Douglas||C|
|1961 - 1962||Rev Clair Palmer||C|
|1962 - 1967||Rev Michael Sawyer||C|
|1968 -||Rev Dr Arthur Wilson||C|
|1969 - 1976||Rev Laurie Mickan||C||2008|
|1977 -||Rev John Keane||U|
|2020 ? -||Rev Christine Gilbert||U|
An organ was installed in 1883 by Messrs Fincham and Hobday at a cost of £565. For more information click here.
1. Jetty Road Uniting Church Glenelg (formerly Glenelg Congregational Church). SA 287.830984231