Goulburn, NSW - Our Lady of Fatima Catholic

Denomination: Roman Catholic

Address: 97 Lagoon Street, Goulburn, New South Wales, 2580

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Gundungurra people

Last Updated: 28/02/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (3 photos)


History and Architecture:

Five sisters of St Joseph arrived in Goulburn in 1882 and settled in a convent built in North Goulburn, establishing St Joseph’s primary and secondary schools. The north Goulburn parish thrived and the first church was replaced by the Church of Our Lady of Fatima.

The Church was built in 1952 on the site of a former stone church of 1882. In 1952 when a resident priest was installed, Rev. Laurence Gallagher, a working plant of church, convent and schools was ready. A new stone church was opened in 1953.

Clergy:

There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Contributions:

1. Simon Saunders ref from Our Story - Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn.

Source:

1. Our Story - Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn.