Greenock, SA - St Peter's Lutheran
Year Built: 1897
Address: Frederick Street, Greenock, South Australia, 5360
Last Updated: 24/01/2023
History and Architecture:
The first meeting was held on 31 March 1897 to consider forming a congregation. The first services were held in the Daveyston School from 1897 to 1898 and then in the Wesleyan Church on a monthly basis. By 1899 land was purchased and tenders were called to build a church. The tender of Mr E Graetz of Keyneton was accepted. The cost of the church was 327.00.
The Foundation stone was laid on 4 February 1900.
By 1921 discussions were being held about constructing a tower for the church but this was deferred until it was raised again in 1948 as a possible Jubilee project.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1897 - 1953||Pastor J H.S. Heidenreich||E|
|1953 - 1958||Pastor F. W. Stolz||E|
|1958 - 1964||Pastor J N.L. Luhrs||E|
|1966 - 1974||Pastor B. E. Bartholomaeus||LCA||1915||2009|
|1974 - 1977||Pastor E. O Riedel||LCA|
|1977 - 1986||Pastor John Henry Mattiske||LCA||1931||2018|
|1987 - 1997||Pastor E. L Spike||LCA|
|1998 - 2011||Pastor J. B Weier||LCA|
|2011 -||Pastor Anthony Price||LCA|
|2012 - 2015||Pastor W George||LCA|
|2016 - 2020||Pastor F Detlev Vosgerau||LCA|
|2021 -||Pastor Philip Bentley||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Lynette Heinze 2021. Several Pastor details
1. Lutheran Archives SA.