Greensborough, VIC - All Saints Anglican (20016)

Year Built: 1967

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: All Saints

Address: Corner Main Street & Church Street, Greensborough, Victoria, 3088

Last Updated: 14/01/2022

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

Church of England services can be traced back to around 1886. The first services took place in a barn owned by Major Anthony Bealle who "selected" St Helena near Greensborough in 1839.

A weatherboard church along with a school and vicarage were built in 1889 and were located where the current church is situated. The school was demolished in 1924 and replaced by a tennis court. This was in use until the early 1950's.

The current church was built in 1967 and the foundation stone was laid on 7 May 1966. Architects for the project were Blyth and Josephine Johnson and the church was built by SJ Weir Pty. It was the first Anglican church in Melbourne to be diamond shaped.

A Christian Bookshop was opened at the site on 24 April 1980 by the then Archbishop Robert Dann.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1887 - 1888 Rev J Ryde
1888 - 1889 Rev J B. Eason
1889 - 1890 Rev E. G. Higgins
1890 - Rev Arthur Pelham Chase 1858 1947
1897 - Rev Thomas Waklin Davis 1853 1933
1900 - Rev I T Huston
1906 - Rev William George Hindley 1853 1936
1906 - 1907 Rev H W. Sanes
1907 - 1908 Rev W. K Ink
1908 - 1909 Rev J Norman
1909 - Rev W Suttock
1918 - Rev W J. Pattison
1923 - Rev Archibald Henry Constable 1872 1947
1924 - 1927 Rev T T Reynolds
1927 - 1932 Rev Edward Halford Hennell 1862 1941
1932 - 1937 Rev Ernest Louis Renard Panelli 1888 1953
1937 - 1945 Rev Alfred James Bamford 1893 1990
1945 - 1951 Rev Charles Young
1951 - 1954 Rev Leo G. Ball
1954 - 1957 Rev Richmond J McCall 1925 2017
1957 - 1964 Rev Alan Neil Appleby 1927 2016
1961 - 1962 Rev John Barrie Simpson Asst C
1964 - 1977 Rev C. D Maling
1968 - 1970 Rev Graham Frederick Stephens Asst C
1970 - 1973 Rev G R Raymond Asst C
1974 - 1980 Rev P L Moss Asst C
1977 - 1990 Rev J. H Shilton
1982 - Rev Graeme Raymond Vines Asst C p/t 1946
1983 - 1987 Rev R. W. Johnstone Asst C
1987 - 1988 Rev Gail Phyllis Pinchbeck Asst C
1988 - 1990 Rev Peter George Omond Asst C 2010
1991 - 1994 Rev Anne Sells Asst C
1991 - Rev Graeme Arthur Sells
1991 - 2000 Archdeacon G Sells
2001 - Rev A. D Livingstone
2012 - 2021 Rev D Fuller
2015 - Rev Dr J Sanderfur Asst C
2021 - Rev Julie Blinco Smith

Source:

1. Green and Growing 150 years Historical Snapshot