Hamilton, QLD - St Augustine's Anglican (50474)
Year Built: 1920
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 26/08/2022
History and Architecture:
The Church was built as a thank-offering to God for deliverance and peace, and as a War Memorial Church to the valour, sacrifice and endurance of Australian men and women who served in the Great War. The present red brick, rectangular church, erected due east and west of the site, was completed in 1920 at a cost of £6,392 including seats.
The present church is 120 feet by 32 feet and can seat 350 people with an extra fifty places available in the Gallery. The great 'Te Deum' window is a significant feature, bathing the interior of the church in a kaleidoscopic glow of colour throughout the day.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1933 - 1952||Rev Francis Butler Birch||1883||1976|
|1938 -||Rev Ormonde Winstanley Birch||Locum||1879||1969|
|1939 - 1940||Rev William Don Clavell Dunbar||Curate||1906||1999|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clerical Index.
2. Heritage Brisbane website.