Hamilton, VIC - St Mary's Catholic (20904)
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 30/03/2021
History and Architecture:
In the early days Hamilton was part of the Portland Parish and hence Ministers came from there. The first Mass was held on 22 May 1848 by Father Kavanagh.
The first part of the Church to be opened was conducted on 12 August 1866. The work commenced by Father Kavanagh was completed by the laying of a memorial stone on 30 May 1900 by Bishop Moore. The Church spire was erected in 1914.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1864 - 1866||Father Michael Farrelly||1906|
|1866 - 1871||Father Nelen|
|1871 - 1876||Father Francis Xavier Fennelly||1882|
|1876 - 1886||Father John Hoyne||1914|
|1886 - 1931||Father Michael J Shanahan||1931|
|1931 -||Father Jon Kerin|
|1931 -||Father Mathew McGlorin||1942|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Mary's parish Hamilton 1848 - 1988. 140 years of Progress. SLTF 282.9457 J 45 S