Heathcote, VIC - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1868
Architect: Vahland & Getzschmann
Traditional Owners: Taungurung people
Last Updated: 08/07/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was constructed by local builders Flee and Bell to the design of Bendigo based architects Vahland & Getzschmann.
The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Charles Perry on the afternoon of Monday the 11th May 1868 and officially opened for services on the 3rd October 1869.
The bell was a gift by Messrs Christie and Spinks. The Church has remained on the same site since its construction.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1854 - 1856||Mr Copper Searle|
|1856 - 1867||Rev Theodore Budd||1820||1900|
|1867 - 1867||Rev John W.H. L'Oste||1830||1926|
|1870 - 1879||Rev John Kay Hall||1831||1919|
|1878 - 1880||Rev T. H. Goodwin||1824||1917|
|1880 - 1889||Rev S. B. Scott|
|1889 - 1897||Rev Henry Finter||1845||1923|
|1902 - 1908||Rev George Norbury McDonnell||1862||1932|
|1906 -||Rev Charles Hughesdon||1868||1942|
|1908 - 1913||Rev W. A. Poulton|
|1913 - 1916||Rev W. M. Madgwick|
|1916 - 1918||Rev G. B. Rogers|
|1918 -||Rev Augustus Malley||1883||1962|
|1919 - 1921||Rev Clifford Leigh Moyes||1891||1955|
|1922 - 1927||Rev James Leslie Rogers|
|1927 - 1935||Rev P. Webber|
|1936 - 1941||Rev David Marberry Wallace|
|1941 - 1945||Rev A. T. Hope|
|1945 - 1954||Rev R. G. White|
|1954 - 1959||Rev R. A. Laity|
|1959 - 1962||Rev Clifford Kemp Page||Lay Reader 59 Curate 61 - 62||1911||2005|
|1963 - 1967||Rev John Raoul Campbell|
|1968 -||Rev A. A. Holtham|
|1970 - 1972||Rev James Stewart Frazer|
|1973 - 1978||Rev Frank John Stanley|
|1978 - 1981||Rev Richard Vernon Speed|
|1981 - 1984||Rev Oliver Charles Connors|
|1984 - 1988||Rev John Garnet Sapsford|
|1988 -||Rev Warren Hall||Locum|
|1988 -||Rev John Wheeler||Locum|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Johns Anglican Church Heathcote The First Fifty Years Patricia Reynolds 1989. R-Gen 283.9454 REY