Hunters Hill, NSW - Life Congregtional

Year Built: 1878

Denomination: Congregational

Address: 20 Alexander Street, Hunters Hill, New South Wales, 2110

Architect: Albert Bond

Traditional Owners: Wallumedegal people

Last Updated: 20/11/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)

History and Architecture:

The Church held its first service in November 1876. The site the Church sits on was purchased for £200. The building, predominantly of sandstone, was completed in 1878 by builder Antonio Bondietti, an immigrant from Switzerland. Its architect was Albert Bond.

A metal plaque on the stone fence reads, " In memorium William C. Howard a Deacon for many years OBIT Jan 26th 1932".


These names are now in the database and can be search individually

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
- Rev Beckingham
1894 - Rev John R. Jones
- Rev S. Pratt
- Rev A. H. Austin
- Rev John Olley
- Rev S. C. Fairey


The organ was supplied by Charles Richardson in 1922, being officially opened on Sunday 23 April. (2/9 mechanical). The Organ has several interesting features including mechanical action to the manuals at a time when tubular-pneumatic action was long established as the industry standard.
For a complete description and photos click here.


1. Organ Music Society of Sydney with permission.