Inglewood, VIC - St Augustine's Anglican
Year Built: 1864
Architect: Vahland & Getzschmann
Traditional Owners: Dja Dja Wurrung people
Last Updated: 01/06/2023
History and Architecture:
The first part of St Augustine's Church was opened in 1864. The building was designed by the notable firm of Bendigo architects Vahland & Getzschmann and built in bichromatic brickwork.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1862 - 1868||Rev William Chalmers||1834||1901|
|1869 - 1870||Rev William Locke||Curate||1842||1908|
|1870 - 1882||Rev John Frederick Dewhurst||Deacon 70 - 71||1845||1893|
|1885 - 1885||Rev Harry Stanley Mercer||1855||1937|
|1886 - 1909||Rev Rowland Haywood||1831||1910|
|1912 - 1918||Rev Colin Alexander Grant||1859||1944|
|1913 - 1913||Rev Richard Paull Blennerhassett||Curate||1888||1957|
|1918 - 1924||Rev Norman Alexander McLean||1878||1961|
|1928 - 1933||Rev Reginald McCoy||1880||1960|
|1933 - 1940||Rev Edmund Henry Hoffman||1886||1964|
|1940 - 1941||Rev Ernest Joseph Lees||1898||1979|
|1950 - 1954||Rev Keith George Madin||1915||1959|
|1961 - 1963||Rev Sydney Herbert Davies||1893||1972|
Built in 1878 by George Fincham. It has 2m, 14spst, 3c, tr. Gt: 220.127.116.11.4.2. Sw: 18.104.22.168.II.8.8. Ped: 16.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Cable Clerical Index with permission.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.