Ivanhoe, VIC - St James Anglican (20025)
Last Updated: 05/01/2021
History and Architecture:
1908 was the year St James became a parish in it's own right sixty years after the establishment of the City of Melbourne. The Foundation stone was laid by the Governor of Victoria on 21 October 1908. The Vicarage in Noel Street was erected at a cost of 631.The original Rose window was replaced in 2003 with one that commemorates the centenary of the Ivanhow Girls Grammar School.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1908 - 1912||Rev R Wilson|
|1912 - 1913||Rev H Crotty|
|1913 - 1919||Rev S. Buckley|
|1917 - 1919||Rev R Hamilton|
|1919 - 1922||Rev S Martin|
|1922 - 1928||Rev Frank Lynch||1868||1929|
|1928 - 1935||Rev G Smith|
|1935 - 1949||Rev T. Cole|
|1948 -||Rev Albert George Church||1914||2011|
|1948 - 1950||Rev R J. McCall|
|1949 - 1965||Rev Canon R. Hudson|
|1956 - 1958||Rev J R Kainey||Asst|
|1961 - 1962||Rev N L Curtis|
|1965 - 1977||Rev J Shilton|
|1970 - 1972||Rev Peter James Hedderwick Adam||Asst C|
|1972 - 1974||Rev Adrian Roberts Moore||Asst C||1940|
|1977 - 1982||Rev Howard Frederick Dillon||1939|
|1981 - 1983||Rev David James Powys||Asst C||1954|
|1982 - 1993||Rev Edward Charles Smith|
|1993 - 2002||Rev J Clarke|
|2002 -||Rev D Bassett|
|2013 -||Rev Stephen May|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.